Friday, March 11, 2005

I got a callback for Miss Saigon

The phone rang at 2:00pm today, and it was the Arts Club Theatre. Apparently they're having casting troubles, and asked if I could come in to sing for them today at 5:00pm. So, off I went. I was totally unprepared, given my 3 hour notice, and I have no idea who they're auditioning me for, but I gave it my best. I think I might have blown it at the end, though. After singing a song and a half, they asked if I had any belty songs. I didn't, and when asked if I could belt, instead of just saying, "yes!", I said that I was working towards it. Lame, lame, lame! I only said that because I'm not too confident with my belting. BUT I can belt, and I have belted out some great songs in the past. Note to self: just have confidence in my ability.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though...

No comments: