Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm back!

OK, it has been a long time since I've uploaded my blog. First thing, I did make the final cut for the Curves commercial and it's been airing since the end of 2007. Yay! I'm really happy with how the commercial turned out, too.

Second, I've had to take a break from acting/performing due to a car accident at the end of November. My car was totaled, and I sustained whiplash. The worst part was that my husband was away on business at the time, so I was totally alone at the time. Well, I shouldn't say alone - my friends and family stepped up and were wonderfully supportive. I went to physio and was worked on by a great therapist. I still tend to get a sore neck and back (especially at my day job when I do desk work, and sometimes when I'm singing), but I now have my range of movement back so I can do normal day-to-day activities. When I had my last physio appointment, I asked if I could work out again (who thought I would actually miss it, but I do!), and my therapist warned me that I shouldn't really work out yet, but if I was really intent on doing so that I should work out with a professional to make sure I wouldn't put any unnecessary strain on my neck. I was working out about 5 days/week, so who has the bucks to hire someone for each work out? Needless to say, I have gone with her advice on waiting.

Singing has gotten easier as time has passed, so I'm really happy about that! At first, and for awhile (and even still sometimes now), it was really hard to even hold my head up properly for singing, and my neck and back would kill! But this is something that is continuing to improve so I'm just giving it time.

And now, after a disheartening 6 months, I feel good enough to go back to acting! Yay! I have to still be careful, so I won't be doing any stage work but I will go back to auditioning for the screen, so long as the roles don't require major physical movements. No glorious hair-swinging, head-tossing commercials for me at this time. But I can't wait to get back at it!

The good that came from this - I was forced to get a new car (which I love!). And I was pretty lucky to not have any more serious injuries. And now, I'm going to start back at my acting!

That's about it from here - I'm very excited to start back on my journey of acting/performing. I've missed it!

No comments: