Friday, June 20, 2008

Had a great audition

I just got back from a great audition. It’s my first one since I’ve been back at it with lines. And a lot of lines at that! The audition was for a union instructional/industrial video, and there were 4 scenes we had to prepare. I was nervous, but went in confidence. The cool thing was that the director and reader both really liked my choices and presentation. They were very positive after each reading. For one of the scenes, the director did give some instruction and then we redid it, with his approving comments afterwards. But the best was the last scene! After we had done it, both the reader and the director really liked it and they seemed surprised that they liked it so much. Then the director said, “I have no notes for you. And this is the scene that I always have notes for the actors on. Great job - you did it exactly how I thought of it, with the same beats and everything.”

I’m super happy with how I did, and with the immediate positive feedback that was given. I hope to get a callback (and ultimately book the job), but I take comfort in knowing that if I don’t get there, it’s not because of my acting.

:)

And boy did it feel good to audition real scenes.

No comments: