Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MAMM '08!

This marks year 3 for my involvement with the Mighty Asian Moviemaking Marathon (MAMM)! This year was another fun-filled scramble, although we did get a longer period to make our movies (17 days!). We had a big undertaking, though... I'm part of team Always Further, led by Patrick Collins, and for our movie this year our creative team decided to make the movie, "Peaches", which is based on a little dog! It wasn't enough to make a movie on a tight time constraint... nope... we had to centre ours on an adventure of a dog

Our creative team was incredible, as was the cast and crew. Not to mention how cute the star of our movie is! Kudos to the adorable little Teddy, who plays Peaches. :) Filming was fun - I only had a day and a half, plus a little time in the sound studio, so this round was much more relaxed for me. I can't decide what was more fun - using the amazing sound studio for voiceover work, or filming my small scene where I got to smack the heck out of a boy. Hee hee!

I can't wait to see the finished product. Patrick handed it in yesterday! Yay! I also can't wait to see what the other 14 teams came up with. We'll get to see them all at the Screening/Awards Gala at Tinseltown on Sept 6th. I always enjoy this contest! This year we had a slightly different team, but it was great to work with old friends and meet and work with new folks. Oh, and that includes the dog. Thanks to Rick for showing me how to hold him. ;) Hold the dog! Not Rick.

No comments: