Thursday, March 31, 2005

Had my Lord of the Rings audition

I went in for my Lord of the Rings audition today. It was actually really good! I managed to get my singing voice into form and was really able to sell my song. I also had a great read. Stephanie, the woman running the auditions, had very positive things to say about my singing, song selection, and reading. Who knows where this might end up, but it was a very positive experience, so I'm happy either way.

I did learn that I have to just try to hold my own, when it comes to singing with a new accompanist. He really threw me - enough so that I blanked and had to restart partway through. The good thing was that it was early in the song, so I brushed it off, got back into it, and totally sold the rest of the song. I know I recovered well because at the end, Stephanie only had good things to say about the song itself, and about my execution. Yay!

No comments: